Ways to Give
SNACKS FOR MEETUPS
We have more than 20 expectant moms and new moms with their babies each week at each of our meetups. The number of participants will continue to grow, particularly as we grow our groups in 2020. We try to provide healthy snacks, water and coffee/tea for each meeting to nurture our participants. We are grateful to the Clif Family Foundation for providing Luna Bars (2019) and to Soroptimist International Napa for providing grant funding to assist this effort.
Each MOTHERLOVE GIFT we provide to an expectant or postpartum/postplacement mom includes:
"Mom Bun" headwrap by Jeane & Louise Handmade
Advice for New Parents DVD *
Puppy and Friends touch-and-feel book
Invitation to meetups
Blue ribbon to display during Maternal Mental Health Awareness Week/Month in May
* Available in English and Spanish or you can contact First 5 Napa for copies in Cantonese, Korean, Mandarin, and Vietnamese
Want to add swag or defray the cost of a MOTHERLOVE GIFT? Let us know!
MAKE MOTHERED MY LOCAL CHARITY
Whether you want to make a monetary donation using the "Donate" button on the top of this page and deduct from your taxes or choose us on Amazon Smile Give Back Page, every dollar we receive goes to supporting moms in the Napa Valley.
LOST MOM CARE PACK
Whether you birthed a baby, an angel or a dream, you are forever a part of the motherhood journey. Fellow loss moms provide these handmade comfort packs, which include
Lavender warming pad
Candle with forget-me-not flower etching
Handmade paper with forget-me-not seeds
Drawstring bag with forget-me-not stamp
More than money, we need a village to keep this thing going. Current needs include:
* Hosts for meetups (can be moms, dads/partners, grandmas or maternal mental health professionals and advocates)
* Educators to visit our groups and introduce relevant info and services
* Hosts for monthly activities who want to show new families that they can find support in each other while enjoying the outdoors
* Hosts for monthly family weekend meetups (held Saturdays and open to families of expectant and new parents and their children)
* Community advocates to help spread the word about the work we are doing
In order to continue to provide support to our community and build this program, we need:
* Private baby-friendly space to accommodate up to 30 parents and their babies (we prefer the floor to furniture, and bring our own support cushions)
* Small conference space that is either empty or furnished with table and chairs to host monthly meetings and trainings for up to 15 people
* Event space (indoor or outdoor) to engage the community through awareness and fundraising events for larger groups
If you have office space, meeting space or event space in Napa Valley that you would be willing to donate one time or on a regular basis, please let us know.